George Pallaris is a PhD candidate at the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts of the Cyprus University of Technology, with research interest on Academic Makerspaces, Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence . He holds a BSc in Computer Science (Hons) from Northumbria University in Newcastle and MSc in Information Systems Management from the University of Liverpool. George Pallaris is the Campus Director of Cyprus College in Limassol since 1st of June 2022 and Instructor of Computer Science programs since 2010. He is also engaged as a research associate in two research programs, FeSTEM – Female Empowerment in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in Higher Education – and GRATOS (Graph Theoretical Tools in Science).
- Campus Director
- Cyprus College, Limassol 06/2023 – Ongoing
- Computer Technology Program Coordinator / Senior Instructor (www.cycollege.ac.cy)
- European University – Cyprus College, Limassol 09/2010 – 05/2022
FeSTEM Research Project – Research Associate – Community Platform Developer
Cyprus University of Technology, Limassol 03/2021 – Ongoing
Female Empowerment in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in Higher Education (FeSTEM) aims to promote an innovative method and pedagogy that will allow HE students to use traditional and computationally-rich media to create meaningful, shareable exhibits that will act as mentoring models for encouraging girls and women to remain active in STEM.
ARC & GRATOS Research Project- Research Associate Web Project Manager
European University Cyprus, Nicosia 03/2018 – Ongoing
I work closely with both Research Partner units in the planning and execution of online presence web development projects in support of their coordination and communications needs. I am responsible for the project lifecycle from project definition through fielding and support.
IT Project Manager / Software Engineer
iBSC Technologies, Limassol, Cyprus 01/2009 – Ongoing
Pallaris, G., Zaphiris, P., & Parmaxi, A. (2022). Mapping the landscape of Makerspaces in higher education: an inventory of research findings. Interactive Technology and Smart Education,Emerald
Pallaris, G., Parmaxi, A., & Christou, E. (2021). FeSTEM community platform: creating meaningful, mentoring relationships with experts in STEM.
Projects Portfolio Sample:
- Bank of Cyprus Facilities Management – New Smart Task/Operations import algorithm for the SAAS Facilities Management System of Nikolaou and Konnides Ltd.
- First Aid Management System for Cyprus Productivity Center and Ministry of Labour, Welfare and Social Insurance.
- e-gnosis Cyprus Government Lifelong Learning Electronic Platform – Cyprus Productivity Center (KEΠΑ)
- Chryses Efkeries Newspaper Digital Transformation Project
- Lemesos Newspaper Digital Transformation